Summer camp HEAD COOK
Everyone Loves the Cook. Lambton Centre is looking for a Head Cook to manage the summer camp kitchen. Join our team for a summer adventure. Develop your culinary and leadership skills as you work with our counsellors and kitchen staff to provide nourishing and creative meals for excited campers.
This is a contract full-time position. The incumbent will be responsible to ensure that all campers and staff are provided healthy nourishing food while staying at summer camp. The cook’s responsibilities include all aspects of maintaining the kitchen as well as pantries, fridges and freezers.
Overview of Key Position Responsibilities:
- This position is accountable to the Executive Director
- To carry out the policies and directives set forth by the Board of Directors as well as the Ontario
- Camping Association and United Church of Canada Camping Association and the Public Health Department.
- To adhere to all food inspection expectations and ensure that Lambton Centre meets DineSafe regulations
- To attend all inspections with the Executive Director or designate
- To create a menu that is satisfying to children and youth of all ages, as well as the Canada Food Guide
- To ensure timely serving of food for all meals and snacks
- To ensure the cleanliness of kitchen counters, appliances, and dishes.
- To maintain stock and inventory and receive shipments
- To working within a budget
- To remove garbage and recycling after every meal
- To provide direction to any support staff as required
- Accommodations are available throughout the summer.
- Some post-secondary education considered an asset
- Experience, Creativity, and Enjoyment of food preparation
- Food Handlers Course Certificate required
- Requires a Vulnerable Persons Records Screening
- First Aid / CPR Certificate
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.