Summer Camp Counsellor (16 Available)
Do you have a love for the outdoors? Do you have a genuine interest in developing your leadership skills? Are you interested in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding role of working with children? ? Do you have a passion for trying new adventures? If you can say YES to these descriptions then being a summer camp counsellor could be a good fit for you. We are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented,
creative individuals like yourself. Lambton Centre runs an Outdoor Education program and a Summer Camp program from May to
This amazing experience may be the most rewarding summer job you could ever have.
This is a contract, full-time, Summer position. Lambton Centre will provide a week of training to prepare you for an exciting summer of adventure. As a member of the summer camp team, counsellors will be responsible for creating and maintaining a physically, emotionally and spiritually safe space for campers through their direct guidance and support of daily tasks and group development.
During May and June, there is part-time work for school groups. Starting July 1st staff are full-time.
Overview of Key Position Responsibilities:
- This position is accountable to the Executive Director and senior staff.
- To carry out the policies and directives set forth by the Board of Directors as well as the Ontario
- Campers Association, United Church of Canada Camping Association
- Provide a fun and welcoming cabin environment for campers.
- Provide direct supervision at all times to campers, ensuring that safety is of utmost importance.
- To attend ALL camp activities in a punctual manner.
- To participate and lead programming activities at the request of the program team.
- Accommodations are available throughout the summer. But the candidate must be able to live on site when campers are on site.
- Must be 17yrs old as of Dec. 31st, 2019
- Some high school education required
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Reliable, punctual, dependable and accountable
- Appreciation and passion for Summer Camp
- Ability to work as a team.
- Requires a Vulnerable Records Screening
- First Aid Certificate
- Water safety qualifications would be an asset
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.