Summer Camp Baker
Please send an email to email@example.com and include your resume. Give us some information about yourself and why you want this position. Thanks!
We are looking for a Head Baker to join our kitchen staff for the Spring &Summer season (approx. May long weekend to end of August). We are a small, passionate catering company that services summer camps in Algonquin Park &beyond. We hire kitchen staff teams for temporary, live-in positions in these beautiful locations to produce nourishing, made-from-scratch meals &snacks everyday.
This is the perfect summer job for the culinary arts student!
LIVING ON-SITE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION. Meals and accommodation are provided.
- mixing, preparing &baking breads and desserts on a daily basis from a varied menu (all items are from-scratch and include breads such as whole wheat sandwich bread, challah &focaccia and desserts such as brownies, cupcakes, meringues, cookies, sweet loaves, muffins, etc.)
- portioning &plating desserts for meal service
- monitoring supplies ¬ifying chefs of inventory needs in a timely manner
- cleaning &maintaining work station
- creating dietary alternatives for gluten-free &dairy-free diets
- Post-secondary accredited training in baking/pastry OR 1-2 years experience as a Baker in the industry
- knowledge of safe food handling
- can work independently
- strong organizational skills
- ability to create daily production schedule that plans &prioritizes tasks appropriately and executes them effectively
Please view our website at www.redfoxcatering.net for lots more information on who we are and what we do! Check Indeed for our company page and former employee testimonials!
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.