Sessional Professor - Personal Support Worker Program
Sessional Professor – Personal Support Worker Program
St. Thomas/Elgin Regional Campus
Location: St. Thomas
Employment Group: Faculty
Hours of Work per Week: Up to 13 hours per week
Classes will be held on Thursday and Friday evenings from 5:45 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Closing Date: October 18, 2019
Note: This position is located at the Fanshawe College Aylmer Office, Aylmer Community Services, 25 Centre Street, Aylmer, Ontario.
Note: This is a temporary Sessional Faculty position (up to 13 hours per week) starting January 10, 2020 and ending April 30, 2020.
Fanshawe College is seeking a qualified professional for the position of Sessional Professor - Personal Support Worker Program, through the St. Thomas/Elgin Regional Campus for our Aylmer Office. Faculty are responsible for providing strong academic leadership and developing an effective learning environment for students.
· Strong computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies
· Leadership and teaching experience with a demonstrated commitment to student success
· Communication and interpersonal skills along with a demonstrated ability to work in a team
· Knowledge of curriculum design principals, course development and student evaluation
· Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
· Post-secondary 4 year degree in Nursing, Gerontology or closely related area of study
· Minimum 3 years recent and relevant experience
· An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
· Experience in the Mennonite community or capacity to speak Low German will be considered as an asset
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to apply:
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME VIA EMAIL (quoting Competition No. STE 201900261) TO:
Associate Dean, St. Thomas/Elgin Regional Campus
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.