Senior Welder 8-Jun-2021 [#22-010LD]
St. Thomas, Ontario (Elgin Centre)
417 Wellington Street
St. Thomas, Ontario N5R 5J5
Who is Muma Manufacturing?
If you’re looking to learn a new, in-demand skillset that includes working with your hands and problem solving, this is the role for you.
Muma Manufacturing designs, engineers, and produces precision-crafted metal parts and specialty equipment for major OEMs across North America. Since 1945, we have earned our customers’ loyalty largely through our unique approach that can be summed up in two words: thoughtful innovation. This approach enables us to take a complex set of circumstances and distill them to create unique working solutions that adhere to fit, form and function. Our deliverables are the result of a seamless process that is rooted in personal service, from initial consultation through to design, manufacturing, and delivery. Muma Manufacturing is known for our in-house resources and talent, from engineering design expertise through to final manufacturing by skilled metalworkers. With careful attention to detail and consistency, the end result is always the highest quality steel, stainless steel and aluminum products.
The Senior Welder will provide support by performing a variety of tasks such as cutting and joining metals, operating other necessary equipment and reviewing finished assemblies.
They will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with precision, providing the foundation for strong infrastructure. The welder must be competent in following all relevant safety protocols. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential. The main focus is on producing high quality product that meets internal and customer requirements and contributing to the best intersection between Best Quality, Best Delivery and Best Price. This is full time role working in St. Thomas, Ontario.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Read and understand drawings and tolerancing
- Fit and weld assemblies for new products and changes to existing products per engineering documents & established production standards
- Operate other necessary equipment and perform tasks necessary to complete parts to specifications
- Prepare and setup necessary tools and equipment for either TIG or MIG welding
- Prepare, arrange, and stage parts for welding
- Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements i.e., continual improvements
- Review of finished assemblies & parts to ensure accuracy against drawings & BOMs
- Knowledge and experience in understanding standard welding symbols
- Able to work effectively as a team member and independently
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment on several assignments concurrently
- Perform other duties as requested by the department manager
Reports to: Supervisor
Working at Muma Manufacturing
Muma Manufacturing Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Muma Manufacturing Inc. provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- 5+ years of welder fitter experience
- MIG and TIG welding experience
- Proficiency and experience using hand tools
- Strong attention to detail to produce products to standards and examine products for defects
- Ability to follow precise instructions and fully document inspection and test results
- Excellent hand eye coordination
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to a very high quality of work
- Physically capable of lifting up to 20 kgs
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.