Seasonal Route Manager- Local Routes, Home Every Night
Lisa Savoy (Job Developer)
The Employment Centre - 5 Queensway Drive East - Unit # 2 - Simcoe, ON N3Y 5K2
(519)428-1135 x 232 (office) or (519)709-1178 (cell)
NOTE: Please apply in accordance with the Contact Information in the posting
Fernlea Flowers Ltd., based out of the Delhi (Simcoe) and Smiths Falls (Ottawa) areas, is looking for Truck Drivers/Merchandisers who are directly responsible for the merchandising, maintenance, display, general housekeeping, and customer relations for his/her assigned retailer locations. Route Managers are also responsible for effective communication with garden center staff and head office.
Merchandisers must be able to drive a 26’ straight truck to transport goods and materials. All trucks are late model units with automatic transmission and hydraulic lift gate. Candidates must be at least 21 years of age, possess a valid “D” Class Driver’s License (no air brake endorsement required) and a relatively clean driver’s abstract. Routes are available throughout different regions in Ontario.
Some of the duties are as follows:
- Load and unload racks of plant material using a hydraulic lift gate
- Ability to lift approximately 30 pounds and move a full rack of plants
- Create displays and merchandise plant material on benches or racks
- Maintenance of plant material, watering as needed
- Inputting inventory at each store using an Android handheld device
- Working with sales staff to ensure that the garden centers are well stocked with the appropriate quantities and varieties of plants
- Proper plant rotation and discarding plant material
- Must be self motivated and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Must be available from the beginning of April until the end of June
- Ability and willingness work 60 hours per week for the duration of the season, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the garden centers
Commission Sales with a Guaranteed Weekly Draw
Drivers average $18,000.00-$24,000.00 for 11 weeks of work
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.