Maintain a safe and clean atmosphere for residents/staff/volunteers at Anova by complying with the Health and Safety Standards.
Work with the support team to provide a safe and clean atmosphere at all Anova sites by:
- Following a cleaning schedule
- Assist in the maintenance of inventory in bulk storage
- Operate and care for cleaning equipment
- Providing minor building maintenance as applicable when Maintenance worker not on site
- Health & Safety Standards and Equipment & Techniques Training
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) Certification
- Technical diploma specializing in custodian work
- Class G drivers license
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Time Management
- Client Focus
- Resource and Fiscal Management
- Follow flexible cleaning schedules as set out for each site
- Operate and care of the cleaning equipment as set out in the manufacturer’s instructions
- Maintain accurate recording of information related to custodial responsibilities on appropriate forms and keep up to date (Planned Preventative Maintenance)
- Maintain an inventory of bulk storage/linens and order as necessary
- Follow through with responsibilities in accordance with Anova’s safety, fire and operational procedures
- Use appropriate PPE, safety equipment and clothing in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Ensure proper use of commercial cleaning products and equipment.
- Ensure all products used are appropriately labeled and contain the information as required by legislation
- Conduct weekly ‘Healthy and Safe’ room checks
- Identify maintenance difficulties and record or notify as per urgency
Responsibility: Tenant Support
- Maintain confidentiality of client information as per Professional Standards
- Instruct residents on the appropriate use of products when requested
- Ensure all residential areas are stocked with the necessary paper and personal hygiene products
Responsibility: Other Duties
- Set up rooms for community and staff meetings
- Transporting of items between the all sites
- Pick up of donations in the community
- Assist with moving and sorting of donations as outlined in established procedures
- Rotation of work between all Anova sites
- Respond to telephone or electronic requests for information and assistance
- Participate in training as required (WHMIS, AODA, Bill 168, First Aid, Non Violent Crisis Intervention etc.)
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all client information
- Participate in the training of new staff, students, and volunteers.
- Attend regular staff meetings, team meetings and training sessions as appropriate and/or required.
- Participate on agency committees as appropriate and/or required.
- Follow the guidelines and practices established for the organization
- Maintain accurate recording of all information on appropriate forms and keep files up to date
- Participate in the evaluation of service as required
- Maintain a current awareness regarding woman abuse and issues related to women, and current data specific to Anova
- Model Respect at Work Principles
- Employees of Anova are expected to find a healthy balance between their work
- and personal life. They are expected to practice self-care on a regular basis in such a way that supports their physical, emotional and mental well being
- Other duties as assigned
Expected start date: 2021-06-07
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.15 per hour
- Do you have Health & Safety Standards and Equipment & Techniques Training?
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- Cleaning: 1 year (preferred)
- Maintenance: 1 year (preferred)
- WHMIS Certification (preferred)
- Class G Drivers License (preferred)
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.