Delmar Foods has an immediate opening available for a Quality Control Technician position.
The Quality Control Technician will report directly to the Quality Assurance Manager, and is responsible for On-line & 24 Hour product testing, Shelf life testing, Monitoring GMP’s, Sanitation verification, Onsite verification tasks and other work as directed by the QA Manager.
- Preforming start up checks, including ATP swabs & Metal detection checks, to release production lines to run.
- Monitoring and Verifying QC specifications of products in Manufacturing to release for Packaging
- Verifying initial fill weights & product quality in package
- Verifying labelling info on primary & secondary packaging prior to filling
- Conducting 24 hour testing and managing external Micro testing to release product for sale
- Collecting and Maintaining retention samples and conducting shelf life testing
- Approving Receipt of all Raw Materials by testing or verification of CofA
- Ensuring proper storage (allergen control, temperature, etc.) of Raw Materials & Finished Goods in inventory.
- Conducting environmental testing as required
- Monitoring that GMP practices are being followed in factory
- Assist with SQF and other customer audits, including collection of all verification & validation records/data
- Assisting with customer complaint investigations
- Maintaining accurate and organized records of all QC and related production paperwork.
- Participating in any other QA related activities required to support the business
- Post secondary education/Diploma in Food Quality or related field
- Knowledge of GMP, HACCP, GFSI (SQF) & other QA systems
- Preferred to have minimum of 1-3 years experience in food manufacturing plant.
- Superior communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent decision-making and time-management skills.
- Excellent ability to work in diverse teams
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.