If you enjoy working outdoors for the summer and some physical labour then you will be interested in this
Lambton Centre is looking for a motivated individual to join our summer team. This position will focus on phragmites control and grounds keeping. This position will continue the effort to remove the phragmites on the property as well as maintain progress already made. The successful candidate will be working outdoors and often in the shallow water along the shoreline.
The position will also assist in other grounds keeping activities such as grass cutting and minor
This position is a summer contract with full-time hours. The incumbent will be under the supervision of
the Executive Director and will work closely with the Property Manager.
Overview of Key Position Function:
- Phragmites maintenance and removal.
- Gras cutting and brush trimming.
- Assist with other tasks as needed
- General maintenance as directed by the Executive Director.
- Report directly to the Executive Director
- Work within a team to create a positive and supportive work atmosphere
- Abide by all policies and procedures relevant to this position.
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Experience using gas trimmers
- Comfortable working in shallow water.
- Water safety training an asset
- Requires a Vulnerable Records Screening
- Experience using a tractor would be an asset
- Pesticide safety training would be an asset.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.