Payments & Rewards Sales Representative
1205 Oxford St, London, Ontario, N6H 1V9
President’s Choice Bank (PCF) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Loblaw Companies Limited (LCL) and was established to promote President’s Choice Financial® products and services across Canada. PCF is focused on providing everyday payment solutions and services that reward the everyday. Together with the PC Services division of Loblaws Inc. which operates in the same office location, we offer products and services in the following segments:
- Payment Cards: The President’s Choice Financial Mastercard® credit card offers PC OptimumTM points for every dollar spent, with no annual fee. The PC MoneyTM Account is the newest addition to the payment products offered and operated by President’s Choice Bank. The PC Money Account works like a bank account and offers PC Optimum points for every purchase, with no monthly fee.
- Insurance: PC® home and auto insurance are offered through PC Financial Insurance Broker Inc. and relationships with several insurance companies.
- Telecom and Gift Cards: The Mobile Shop, PC mobile prepaid cell phone service, and Gift Cards businesses are focused upon delivering convenience and exceptional value to LCL customers.
LCL is Canada’s largest food distributor and has expanded into certain non-food categories, with operations across the country. LCL concentrates on food retailing with the objective of providing consumers with the best in one-stop shopping for everyday household needs.
PCF and PC Services are important business units within LCL that manage and develop the products and service programs in order to improve the customer experience, maximize value, and provide a platform to enhance customer insights and relationships. Our vision is to make the everyday simple and better.
When you hire great people, great things can happen.
PC Financial is about simplifying financial products that deliver unprecedented value. We're a different kind of bank with a different type of team. We're collaborative and supportive and we're given the freedom and responsibility to thrive. Our purpose is to make the everyday simple and better for our customers. Proudly serving over 3 million customers, PC Financial continues to grow by offering simplified payment solutions and services that reward Canadians every day.
Are you the type of person who is excited to take on any challenge? Do you possess the entrepreneurial spirit and resolve to get the job done? If you’re ready to bring your experience, skills and determination and apply it to your work – we want to hear from you!
Payment and Rewards Sales Representative (London)
As a Payment and Rewards Sales Representative You will have the opportunity to demonstrate leadership and leverage your sales potential as you become a product expert and achieve sales targets. You should take pride in understanding customer needs as we continue to build a customer-centric environment.
- Actively Engage with customers to educate and promote President's Choice Financial Products
- Understand customer needs to make appropriate recommendations
- Offer exceptional advice and product knowledge
- Create excitement around the product offering, by being a subject matter expert and advocate for the brand/product
- Approach each situation with confidence and enthusiasm to promote and sell our wide-selection of products and solutions.
What we offer you:
- Competitive base salary
- Uncapped incentive to compensate you for every sale you make
- Company perks and benefits
- Access to excellent learning, development and training to help you achieve goals and advance in your career
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19
You undoubtedly have many concerns and questions surrounding PC Financials’ approach to maintain COVID-19 safety regulations, and how we are taking your safety seriously.
Rest assured, that we have made colleague health and safety our top priority. If we’re able to address your concerns in your interview, just ask! We will happily share what we are doing to keep colleagues safe from the spread of COVID-19 and maintain a healthy work environment at all times.
Join a winning team that demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision.
We recognize the importance of an inclusive workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
We believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
What you’ll need for success in this role:
- Post-secondary education with a minimum of 1 years’ success in sales in a financial or retail environment (preferred)
- An outgoing personality with a talent for acquiring new customers
- A comfort level with sales quotas, with a strong desire to meet and exceed achievable targets
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to engage and influence current and potential customers by understanding their needs and recommending relevant products and services
- High level of integrity and accountability working with confidential customer information
- Openness to learn through daily interactions with peers and leadership
- Eagerness to pursue new challenges and opportunities to grow within the organization
- Interest in learning and development through coaching and training
- Enthusiasm and energy; thrives in a customer-focused environment
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.