Part Time or Full Time Addiction Worker
Please apply online with resume and cover letter at:
Our Mission: Indwell is a Christian charity that creates affordable housing communities that support people seeking health, wellness and belonging.
Description: The Addiction Support Worker assists in coordinating and delivering mental health and addiction services to tenants. The Addiction Support Worker participates as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide or support in the treatment, rehabilitation, and support for individuals living in supportive housing. This is a specialized program serving individuals who have experienced long term housing instability and/or long stay hospitalizations.
Location: Woodstock, ON
Hours of Work: 20 (part time) or 40 (full time) or ) hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet program needs. Participation in the on-call schedule is required.
Duties for this position include:
- Conducting assessments and ensuring consistent follow up with addictions treatment and recovery plans.
- Working as part of an inter-disciplinary team to provide direct and indirect support to individuals.
- Commitment to and understanding of harm reduction principles and strategies.
- Supporting tenants in activities related to housing stability.
- Helping individuals connect to community resources and supports.
- Reinforcing individuals' life skills, spirituality, and social and community skills.
- Planning and facilitating programs and groups.
- Assisting with admission and orientation of new tenants.
- Supporting individuals to achieve their goals while encouraging independence and recovery.
- Administering medication, recording daily shift notes.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
Remuneration: Salary based on education and experience. Indwell offers a competitive benefits package and RRSP contribution.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell's leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell's statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
The successful candidate will have experience working with individuals with serious mental illness, addictions or other special needs. Knowledge of concurrent disorders and knowledge of various addiction treatments/theories is required. Must demonstrate a warm, sensitive and caring approach, the ability to work independently, be flexible,organized, responsible, and take initiative. Must have strong problem solving skills, be able to maintain good interpersonal relationships and have a genuine interest in supporting people living with mental illness.
Organized, responsible, and take initiative. Must have strong problem solving skills, be able to maintain good interpersonal relationships and have a genuine interest in supporting people living with mental illness.
Education/Experience: College Diploma or Bachelor's Degree with a focus on addictions, and experience in addictions or mental health services. Certification with CCACF is considered an asset.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.