Mechanical Assembler – Junior Assistant/General Labourer
Please send resume and cover letters to Sherry Johnstone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will assemble components according to drawings to build premium quality automated equipment and conveyor systems.
Perform general labour duties
Day Shift (Monday to Friday - 8:00am - 3:30pm)
- Prepares for work to be accomplished by gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Align components for assembly, manually bolt, screw parts together, using hand and power tools
- Fasten or install wiring, hydraulic and electrical components to form assemblies or subassemblies
- Read and interpret assembly drawings
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Perform other related duties and general labour duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent
- 1-3 years in Mechanical Assembly an asset
- Basic knowledge of tool operations
- Proven mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail and organized
- Must possess basic math skills
- Basic knowledge of fabrication and assembly drawings an asset
- Must be adaptable to changing work environment, completing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written
- Punctual and reliable
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training
- Healthcare benefits
- Permanent, Full-time
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We thank you for your application!
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.