Licensed Electrician or experience Apprentice - Afternoon Shift
Sofina Foods is one of Canada's leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products for retail and foodservice customers as well as international markets. We manufacture pork, beef, turkey, chicken and fish products. Our family of brands include: Cuddy, Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fletcher's, Vienna, Riserva and Zamzam. We are also the exclusive distributor of Italy’s finest Rio Mare, Lavazza and San Benedetto products in Canada.
What Sofina Foods Offers
Weekly Pay ranging from $25.60 to $36.57 (based on experience)
Overtime regularly available
$500 Employee referral bonus for each successful referral;
- Full benefits (health, dental and vision) after probation;
- Pension plan;
Reasons our Employees Love Working Here:
- Safety & Quality: Health, safety and quality are a top priority with all of our roles and sites.
- Stay Mentally and Physically active: You’ll be on the move for your whole shift in our friendly and fast- pasted environment.
- Career development: Many of our entry-level employees become leaders in operations, other areas.
Our Turkey Processing Facility in Mitchell Ontario is currently recruiting for a full-time, afternoon shift, Licensed Electrician or 3rd/4th year Electrical Apprentice. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Electrician is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and continuous improvement of our packaging and process equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
SuccessfulCandidates main responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the Preventative Maintenance (PM) of all site equipment
- Understand and maintain Packaging and Process Control systems
- Diagnose and revise software andrequired withinprogrammable logic controllers (PLC's)
- Logically perform troubleshooting techniques on complex machinery including electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Electricalequipment installations, modificationand redesignin compliancewith regulatory requirements (NEC, OEC)
- Provide support to source and prepare parts for all preventative and reactive work
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and annualelectrical and mechanicalPM's
Successful Candidates will possess:
- A strong working knowledge of the Ontario Electrical Code. The electrician will report to and provide a daily summary of work to the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager and will be assigned work by the maintenance leadership team as required.
- Solid knowledge of the OntarioElectrical code and the abilityto apply it in installation and repairs
- Abilityto problem solve and systematically resolve issues
- Read and understand technical bulletins, manuals, instructions and blueprints
Additional Requirements include:
- Ontario or Inter-Provincial (442A/309A/Red Seal) Electrician Certificate or qualifications preferred
- Completion of Apprenticeship as an Electrician or currently enrolled in an active Apprenticeship
- Demonstrated experience with PLC - Ladder logic, VFD and Industrial automation
- Demonstrated experience using various tools to repair equipment
- Experience in the food industry preferred
- Understanding of Food Safety and GMP's is an asset
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.