Junior Project Specialist
OHE Consultants is looking to hire a qualified candidate for the position of Junior Project Specialist
in the area of Occupational Hygiene / Hazardous Materials. The Junior Project Specialist will work
on occupational hygiene and health & safety projects including asbestos and mould investigations
and assessments, and designated substances surveys.
- Conduct inspections durig occupational hygiene and health & safety projects including asbestos abatement and mould remediation projects (e.g. containment inspections, progress inspections, clearance visual inspections, etc.)
- Conduct hazardous building materials surveys
- Conduct bulk and air sampling for asbestos and mould
- Perform Phase Contrast Microscopy (PCM) analysis
- Prepare daily progress reports
- Prepare project reports detailing the work completed, applicable regulatory framework, findings, conclusions and recommendations in a timely, accurate and complete manner
- Supervise contractors during abatement and remediation projects
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships, enhancing client confidence in OHE and the services provided
- Ensure on-site activities do not disrupt the client’s normal business operations
- Provide accurate and scientific records of field data; monitor results and observe site activities. Relay pertinent information to Senior Project Consultants, as appropriate
- Effectively manage current and upcoming assignments, remaining aware of issues, expectations and progress of all assigned projects
- Provide support to colleagues as required (e.g. provide appropriate input, suggestions and insights)
- Advise clients in the identification, handling and disposal of hazardous substances in a safe, legal and cost-effective manner under the direction of the Project Manager
- Develop and maintain excellent client relations
- Assure completeness of projects and accuracy of reports
A Bachelor of Applied Science in Occupational Hygiene or Engineering, or a College Diploma
in Occupational Hygiene, Health and Safety, Construction, Architectural or Environmental
- Experience and knowledge of major building systems and building construction
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficiency with Auto CAD is considered an asset
The candidate must show an ability to work within a client oriented and fast-paced environment.
Required skills include flexibility, adaptability, problem-solving ability, excellent computer skills,
excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task as well as the ability to
meet tight timelines. The candidate must have a valid driver’s license. The candidate must also
be able and willing to travel as part of this position.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.