Intermediate / Senior Technologist (2 Openings)
Please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com
Please include construction drawings and details. We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ROAstudio Inc. is a young and dynamic firm providing design excellence in a broad range of building types such as cultural, civic, academic, healthcare, office, commercial, private sector mid-rise and highrise multi-unit residential. We are actively seeking creative, energetic, enthusiastic, and ambitious design focused individuals with a minimum of 3 years of Canadian architectural experience to join our team. The ideal candidates will have a well-rounded architectural experience and a demonstrated passion for excellence in design. They should also have excellent verbal and written communication skills, very good organizational skills, and be able to multi-task in a high paced studio environment. We offer our team members a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package consisting of health, drug, vision and dental coverage.
- Collaborate with design and production team members to produce fully coordinated architectural working / construction documents.
- Review technical documents to ensure accuracy and quality control.
- Capable of creating and producing detailed technical drawings, to best practice building science criteria, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate the capability to coordinate the consultant project team through all phases of a project.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Ontario Building Code.
- Expertise in areas such as construction and current building materials.
- Ability to assume responsibilities and communicate effectively with team members.
- Communicate with the Construction team to provide information and problem solving.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant project experience (post-graduate, not including school internships)
- Canadian / American work experience ideally within the commercial and industrial sectors.
- Clear understanding of building science; thorough knowledge of building systems and detailing, to develop and coordinate contract documents and document review. Strong technical construction knowledge is required.
- Excellent computer drafting abilities with proficiency in AutoCAD
- Experience in healthcare, institutional, educational is considered a significant asset.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ideal candidate must be a team player who is well organized, detail oriented, focused, design driven, and able to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with ability to problem solve both individually and as part of a project team, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.