Interim Executive Director
United Way of Haldimand and Norfolk
Lisa Savoy (Job Developer)
The Employment Centre - 5 Queensway Drive East - Unit # 2 - Simcoe, ON N3Y 5K2
(519)428-1135 x 232 (office) or (519)709-1178 (cell)
NOTE: Please apply in accordance with the Contact Information in the posting
Position: Interim Executive Director
Terms of Employment: Full-time 14 to 18 month maternity leave contract
Hours: 35 hours per week, 9 AM to 5 PM with occasional weekend and evening meetings
Salary: $45,026 – $55,373
Start Date: November 2019
Reports to: Board of Directors
Health Benefits after the 3-month probationary period
Job Location: Simcoe, Ontario with travel throughout Haldimand and Norfolk Counties
United Way of Haldimand and Norfolk provides an essential network of programming that supports over 14,000 people in Haldimand and Norfolk Counties. All programs supported by United Way help in the following three key focus areas; 1) All That Kids Can Be, 2) From Poverty to Possibility, and 3) Healthy People, Strong Communities. In addition to the funded programming, United Way leads the local Stuff the Bus initiative that supports over 600 children with new school supplies and is actively engaged in community impact work.
The Executive Director will be a mission-driven, collaborative and innovative leader and manager. They will serve as the brand ambassador and champion of United Way in the community, leveraging relationships with donors, recipients of services, individuals, associations, agencies, education partners, government, businesses and other institutions to improve conditions in the community. The Executive Director will possess a high level of broad business skills, financial acumen, and strategic management expertise to effectively support the campaign process to generate resources and financial support for the organization. As chief spokesperson, the Executive Director will ensure that United Way, its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a positive, collaborative manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commitment to United Way’s mission and values, including the ability to build relationships internally and with other United Ways, provincial and local governments, public, nonprofit and private sector organizations.
- Lead the development, implementation, and execution of the annual operational plan.
- Leverage and coordinate resources to ensure strategic alignment in the areas of community impact, resource development, and staff alignment.
- Serve as the principle resource and support to the Board of Directors and its key committees, while providing input in policy formulation and interpretation.
- Responsible for the overall impact of UWHN in the community, with emphasis on increasing its capacity to set priorities and measure impact of social change.
- Identifies community needs and emerging trends in co-operation with member agencies and other community groups, advising the Board, relevant committees and others on effective strategies including benefit and risk analysis, to address these needs.
- Educates funded programs and the community at large to the Vision of United Way, ensuring on-going programs and new initiatives are promoted and understood.
- Maintain accountability for the operational and fiscal integrity of the organization within policies set by the Board of Directors, managing organizational spending, monitoring budget compliance and mitigating financial risk.
- With the Board of Directors, determine objectives and strategies for meeting goals; allocate resources according to priorities, and leverage resources available to accomplish tasks and anticipate obstacles.
- Through collaboration with staff, ensures production and maintenance of accurate financial records in a timely manner, as required/requested. Oversee donation processing and receipting to ensure all procedures are being followed properly.
- Analyze campaign results and potential for accounts to determine the relationship and financial goals for the accounts. Provide strategic, targeted account management and excellent customer service.
- Aggressively identify, recruit and develop prospects for new business development on a year-round basis.
- With the Board of Directors, work toward campaign growth, fundraising successfully within the traditional campaign and planned giving channels and utilizing newer development methods and opportunities to increase giving.
- Identify appropriate grants, write and submit applications for funding. When successful, complete grant reports on a timely basis.
- Oversee all communications strategies and promotions.
- Provide overall team leadership through positive attitude and motivation techniques, while ensuring all staff are provided with guidance and support to meet goals.
- Ensure procedures are updated, maintained and followed for development of all human resources.
- Recommend staff complement to Board and as part of the budgeting process and hires, evaluates and trains staff to ensure goals of the agency are met.
- Provide counsel and input to Board development and other volunteer resources committees/needs to ensure recruitment, orientation and training, support and coaching of volunteers maximizes volunteer experiences while meeting agency needs.
Applications (cover letter and resume) will be accepted by email only and must be received by September 23, 2019. Questions and applications may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Post-secondary education in related field or minimum 3 years in a comparable role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Fundraising and Donor Relations
- Strong research, organizational, time management, project management, and leadership skills
- Knowledge and experience in community engagement
- Ability to ensure financial goals are achieved through the combined efforts of staff and volunteer leadership
- Demonstrates experience leading a team through a campaign season
- Experience writing financial reports and preparing board packages
- Valid driver's license
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.