Since 1949, TVCC has been working with children and youth to help them reach their full potential. Today, a wide range of services and supports are provided for young people with physical disabilities, communication disorders, developmental delays and autism spectrum disorders to support them in attaining the best available quality of life and health. In partnership with local and regional agencies, TVCC annually serves more than 9,000 children, youth and their families from birth to age 19 across Southwestern Ontario in over 700 locations.
We are recruiting for multiple full-time (37.5 hours per week), temporary Instructor Therapists in Autism and Behavioural Services, in the publicly-funded and in the Fee for Service model. The designated office for these positions will be London, Stratford or Owen Sound. The catchment area for the London positions includes Elgin, Middlesex and Oxford counties. The catchment area for the Owen Sound or Stratford positions includes Huron, Perth, Grey and Bruce counties. Regular travel within the specified geographic area will be required.
These positions are expected to begin February 2022 and end December 2022.
Under clinical supervision provided by TVCC Autism Services, the successful candidates will:
- Provide direct ABA treatment and support services to children and youth with ASD individually and in groups in a variety of environments (e.g., community-based and TVCC locations, and client homes)
- Contribute to treatment planning and prepare treatment material for clients, adhering to evidence-based methods
- Collect data and participate in the evaluation of the efficacy of teaching
- Provide education, mentoring and training to parents and caregivers so they can implement behaviour analytic strategies as per their child’s Behaviour Plan
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals involved with clients on your caseload
- College diploma or undergraduate degree in a related field
- Autism and Behavioural Sciences Graduate Certificate, Registered Behavior Technician®, or equivalent
- Experience working with children with Autism and knowledge of Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Understanding of early childhood development and comfort in appropriately engaging young children at play
- Experience working in a high-energy, fast-paced team environment requiring flexibility to adapt to change quickly and easily
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to receive and incorporate feedback; and advanced self-reflection skills are required
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office Suite 2010 package of software
- A valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR
- Proficiency in the French language would be considered an asset
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (as an attachment in .pdf or Word format) to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, please indicate the position and location you are interested in. To learn more about Thames Valley Children's Centre, please visit our website at www.tvcc.on.ca.
While all applications are appreciated only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TVCC is committed to making our recruitment and selection process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.