Information Technology Student
Since 1949, TVCC has been working with children and youth to help them reach their full potential. Today, a wide range of services and supports are provided for young people with physical disabilities, communication disorders, developmental delays and autism spectrum disorders to support them in attaining the best available quality of life and health. In partnership with local and regional agencies, TVCC annually serves more than 9,000 children, youth and their families from birth to age 19 across Southwestern Ontario in over 700 locations.
We are recruiting for one (1) full-time (37.5 hours per week), temporary, Information Technology Student. The designated office for this position is London. This position is expected to begin in May 2023 and end August 2023.
Under supervision provided by the Manager, Information Technology the successful candidate will:
- Work alongside the Helpdesk team to provide Level 1 technical support (on the phone, via email, via teams, and in person)
- Update tickets with technical notes on work performed
- Assist the Information Technology team with asset inventory management (e.g., redeploying / recycling equipment)
- Help configure and deploy new computers as needed
- Assist with user or department moves
- Participate in various IT projects as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Current enrollment in college or university program. Working towards completion of a degree or diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to work with a team, receive and incorporate feedback
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office Suite 2010 package of software
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced, changing environment
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume (as an attachment in .pdf or Word format) to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email, please indicate the position and location you are interested in. To learn more about Thames Valley Children's Centre, please visit our website at www.tvcc.on.ca.
While all applications are appreciated only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TVCC is committed to making our recruitment and selection process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.