Industrial Millwright - Mitchell, Ontario
Sofina Foods is one of Canada's leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products for retail and foodservice customers as well as international markets. We manufacture pork, beef, turkey, chicken and fish products. Our family of brands include: Cuddy, Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fletcher's, Vienna, Riserva and Zamzam. We are also the exclusive distributor of Italy’s finest Rio Mare, Lavazza and San Benedetto products in Canada.
What Sofina Foods Offers
Weekly Pay ranging from $25.60 to $36.57 (based on experience)
Overtime regularly available
$500 Employee referral bonus for each successful referral;
Full benefits (health, dental and vision) after probation
Reasons our Employees Love Working Here:
Safety & Quality: Health, safety and quality are a top priority with all of our roles and sites.
Stay Mentally and Physically active: You’ll be on the move for your whole shift in our friendly and fast- pasted environment.
Career development: Many of our entry-level employees become leaders in operations, other areas.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the incumbent will perform maintenance and repair of all facility, production machinery and refrigeration equipment. This position will be working on projects to improve safety, production, and environment at the plant.
- Quickly trouble shoot, diagnose and repair problems as they occur on any refrigeration, hot water and/or production equipment or the facilities and grounds;
- Communicate and work in a teamwork environment with other maintenance personnel;
- Work on projects as assigned;
- Follow preventative maintenance procedures;
- Accurately report on all work performed, parts and tools used as well as work required for all plant equipment;
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager and/or designate;
- Work in and promote a safe environment;
- Must work strictly in compliance with all Health & Safety, HACCP and follow all relevant GMP’s.
- 2-4 years experience as a Millwright, Machinist, Welder, Mechanic or Plumber, would be preferred
- Valid Refrigeration “B” license for Ontario would be a strong asset.
- Basic Electrical troubleshooting knowledge required including a working knowledge of PLC’s and equipment automation;
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Industrial plant maintenance experience including but not limited to, the installation, maintenance, repair and overhaul of conveyors, pumps, motors, gearboxes rail assemblies, hydraulic assemblies, pneumatic assemblies and packaging machinery.
Hours for this position are:
Sunday 11PM to 7:30 AM
Mon - Thurs 8PM - 4:30 AM
Build your career, apply today!
For more information on this Career Growth Opportunity, visit our website under Hourly Opportunities or email your resume to email@example.com
Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.