Industrial Electrician/ Electrical PLC and Robotics
If you are interested in becoming a part of a diverse and growing team, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your wage expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates under consideration for this opportunity will be contacted.
Canada Tubeform invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
We currently have an opportunity available for an experienced Industrial Electrician/Electrical PLC and Robotic at
Canada Tubeform, a London, Ontario Automotive Tier 2/3 manufacturing facility. The company is a progressive, growing Canadian based manufacturing business focused on the production of high-volume tubular steel and aluminum components and assemblies for the automotive industry. The company has been in business since 2001 as a privately-owned company. Company size is approximately 60 people that think big in all we do.
The position will primarily support the business with Industrial Electrician skills in a Maintenance Department of approximately eight other team members. The position will also require significant electrical PLC and Robotics results
in a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- Certified Industrial Electrician (C of Q) – 442A preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years Industrial Electrician work experience specific to the automotive industry preferred or metal manufacturing.
- 3 years experience with PLC and Robotic equipment, including programming. OMRON programming an asset.
- Human Machine Interfacing (HMI), PLC configuration, analysis and optimization.
- Machine control circuit design, modifications and updating, data collection and feedback systems.
- Safety circuits and an in-depth knowledge of the systems associated.
- Installation and troubleshooting of industrial networks, switches and associated hardware.
- Additional courses in hydraulics and quality assurance an asset.
- Experience with downtime call support, performing maintenance (planned and unplanned) to ensure production targets are met.
- Effective core-time preventative maintenance results to achieve quality specifications.
- Familiarity of parts sourcing.
- Accountable for safe work environment and practices.
- Ability to implement maintenance requirements from continuous improvements and health and safety initiatives.
- Willingness to learn from others and to transfer knowledge and training to others.
- Exceptional problem solver, critical thinker to seek out viable alternatives balancing production needs and costs.
- Excellent time manager with a sense of urgency
- Proven understanding of prioritization and awareness of production requirements
- Flexibility to support other maintenance skill sets as required
- Customer service experience with internal and external customers and liaise and coordinate effectively with other internal departments as required.
- Promoting positive working relationships to align with excellent culture and work environment.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, ERP Systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with other departments and all levels on the organization.
- High energy and a well-developed sense of urgency are essential requirements of the position.
- Ability to work 2 rotating shifts – Days 5 – 8’s (Monday to Thursday) Afternoons 4 - 10’s (Monday to Thursday), work flexible hours and overtime as required with reasonable work-life balance.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.