HVAC Technician - Gasfitter 2
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
HVAC Technician - Gasfitter 2 (FME 40854)
Maintenance Services and Utilities
Facilities Operations and Sustainability
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a full-time Support position (35 hours per week).
Duties: Under general direction of the Manager, Maintenance Services and Utilities, the incumbent provides rapid response to environmental temperature complaints and HVAC/Refrigeration system breakdowns. Installs and maintains refrigeration, air-conditioning and heating systems.
- Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Certificate of Qualification (313A) with Gas Fitter 1 or 2
- Gas technician 2 certificate
- 500 hours of classroom training required plus work experience
- Ozone Depletion certificate (8 to 10 hours)
- Minimum 5 years’ recent and relevant experience in industrial and commercial refrigeration, air-conditioning, heating and building automation systems to enable independent exercise of technical skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.