Human Resources Generalist
Pfaff Automotive Partners Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you
Pfaff Automotive Partners Inc. is recruiting a Human Resources Generalist to join our HR team. Consistent local travel to London, Kitchener-Waterloo , Guelph and occasional visits to our Head Office in Vaughan.
A Pfaff HR Generalist assists with the day-to-day operations of the HR department, serving the employees and managers at our various locations, described above, and is the store’s point of contact for Human Resources. Suitable candidates are enthusiastic, skilled and customer focused.
- Assessing staff requirements for specific dealership needs, liaising with department managers to identify needs.
- Recruit for vacant roles, using various entities effective for selection of each role available.
- Reviews the resumes for all job candidates and pre-screens and/or interviews candidates for roles
- Books appointments for viable candidates with manager, follows up
- Helps managers and employees at site locations with employee safety, welfare, wellness and health; and general employee services and counseling.
- Monitors, and updates HR records for Recruitment, Onboarding, New Hires, Transfers and Terminations.
- Compiles and completes reports as requested.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures and programs as per the Pfaff Employee Handbook.
- Participates in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline program and provides counsel to managers on employment issues as needed.
- Conducts onboarding discussions with new employees.
- Helps to support the organization's Core Value culture so that it supports the attainment of Pfaff’s goals and promotes and exceptional employee experience.
- Protects confidentiality and interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
Other duties as assigned by the HR Team Lead and/or Human Resources
Skills/Academic Achievement Requirements:
- General skill, experience and educational requirements; Human Resources Certificate or Degree or working towards it
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.