Graduate BIM Designer (Buildings)
Structures Graduate BIM Designer - Available 2020
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• You will be required to work on defined tasks or projects under close supervision;
• You will be responsible for managing your own workload, prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines.
• You will be responsible for providing information in an articulate and organized manner, following Arup’s established processes and procedures.
• You will be responsible for undertaking drafting tasks in order to meet client requirements for the documentation of various structural projects and related areas.
• You will use a combination of standard and modified Drafting methods/techniques in order to solve problems.
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• Calgary Cancer Center
• University of British Colombia
• National Music Centre of Canada
• Tim Hortons Field
• New Champlain Bridge
• Queen's Way West Revitalization
• Toronto Pearson International Airport
Upon joining Arup your journey is likely to be varied and rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
• Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
• Personal Health Insurance
• RRSP - 100% company match up to 5-9% based on years of service
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
• Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
For the second consecutive year, Arup has been named one of Greater Toronto’s top employers! Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2019 are recognized for exceptional human resources programs and forward-thinking workplace policies.
• Recognized relevant qualifications in Drafting or Structural Design like Associate Degree in CAD technology, CAD drafting, solids modeling, or related field
• Relevant industry experience in Structures Drafting / Designing within a consulting business environment.
• High proficiency in Revit Structures is essential.
• Proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice and guidelines.
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
• Effective written communication and report writing skills.
• Additional experience in AutoCAD or a base knowledge of programming language considered beneficial
• Ability to remain positively motivated and foster team spirit at times of significant pressure, including assisting others to meet deadlines.
• Takes an ordered approach to tasks and gathers relevant information in order to make accurate decisions.
• Desire to excel.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.