Financial Business Associate Position Summary
AMANDA WOODS, CHRL
Manager, Human Resources
167 Central Ave.
London, Ontario N6A 1M6
Local: 519-641-3066 x 220
P: 1 800 265 3444 x 220
The Financial Business Associate is responsible for recommending strategic, analytics-driven solutions to assist the organization in achieving corporate goals and objectives. This role includes problem solving, ability to draw conclusions, strong communication skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Primary key objectives include creating, assessing, analyzing, and interpreting various company data sets and information needed to support decision-making, budgeting, scenario modelling, accurate reporting, financial controls, and corporate policies.
A close working relationship with the Management and Executive Teams will be required. This position will be based at the company headquarters in London, ON, and is a full-time role.
This position will report to the Financial Controller.
1. Business Financial Analysis and Reporting
• Development of various financial metrics reports as necessary to track company fiscal performance
• Assist with annual budget preparation and analysis
• Update data and reports for sales team commissions and update throughout the fiscal year as necessary
• Work with the Financial Controller to build reports for annual departmental budgets and spend tracking
• Analyze pricing and product margins and propose updates as necessary
• Analyze marketing pieces for proper margins on items promoted and present findings to the Financial Controller for review
• Analyze inventory levels and review process to ensure adequate stock levels while maintaining appropriate cash flow
• Create and provide analytic findings and company metrics for inclusion in various company communications and presentations
• Work with the Financial Controller on analyzing and improving Company profitability
• Complete ongoing competitive pricing analysis both from vendors and against market competitors to provide pricing insights and analytical suggestions
• Understand and develop reporting on company market share and identify opportunities to increase share
• Identify and understand customer buying patterns and market conditions where the company can be more competitive and present methods to capitalize on such opportunities
• Assist Marketing Team with creation of new product pricing for all sales channels before presenting to the Financial Controller for review
• Assist in various other financial analysis and reporting as required
2. Market Analysis
• Analyze market trends and perform price surveys as needed to help the company make informed decisions about pricing structures, product demand and marketing campaigns in conjunction with the Marketing Team
• Work with Marketing Team to measure the effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies (Print, digital, and online)
• Work with the Marketing Team to understand expected sales projections for all channels based on market trends and promotions
• Work with the Operations Team to ensure adequate inventory levels and production schedules are maintained.
3. ISO Procedural Knowledge
Applicable job-related ISO Procedures as outlined in the ISO training matrix. All ISO training is maintained and administered by the ISO Management Representative.
• Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting or Finance
• Advanced Excel user, with knowledge of efficiently manipulating large data sets a strong asset
• Strong attention to detail and validation of analysis prior to presentation to Management is required
• Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Jet reporting experience an asset
• Strong strategic, planning, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to multi-task and work on various items at any given time
• Strong understanding of statistical concepts
• Proven written and communication skills, including written reports, and delivering presentations with complex technical information to senior leadership teams
• The ability to work well and build co-operative relationships with people at all levels
• Achieves business results, by acting, achieving quality, and focusing on the future
• Demonstrates integrity and ethics; sets a personal example
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.