Field Technician Supervisor
CWC Recruitment Team
Complete Wind Corporation (CWC), a growing company providing Wind Turbine Rotor Blade Inspection, Maintenance, and Services is hiring for the position of Field Technician Supervisor.
- Supervise and Support CWC Field Technicians operating in both Canada and the U.S. This job will require travel approximately 50% of the time.
- Ensure Compliance with CWC Health & Safety Policies and Procedures and applicable Legislation and Regulations, coaching technicians and carrying out disciplinary actions, if needed. Support H&S Manager with site safety incident reporting and sign-off. Assist with on-site Safety Audits, as necessary. Will require Ontario JHSC Level I Member Certification and OHSA 30 Certification.
- Lead the Recruitment process, including Interviewing and Hiring of Technicians to meet projected workload demand. Support training coordination of new hires and annual re-certifications. Conduct ongoing training of H&S and Quality/Inspection Procedures throughout the season as required.
- Effectively Communicate with Field Technicians and Project Leads on site deployment, duration, work instruction changes and project scope and ensure compliance throughout the project.
- Jointly plan project equipment, materials, vehicles, accommodations and travel with Project Manager(s), Procurement and Travel Coordinator. Ensure that field services equipment is maintained in good working order, checklists/pre-ops/inspection/repair documentation are being completed, and that defective equipment is replaced when necessary.
- Develop and Train Project Leads to oversee project start-ups and manage teams Complete Field Technician Probationary and Annual Reviews.
- Monitor project costs and review/sign off on weekly time sheets. Conduct Lessons Learned/Product Improvement Reviews. Provide feedback from technicians on potential process improvements to Engineering/Quality Assurance.
- Provide composite expertise in the inspection and repair of wind turbine blades.
- Support QA by ensuring all Field Technician inspections and repairs are completed to the quality standards set by the Company.
- Liaise with customers as a representative of the Company to ensure satisfaction and Company performance.
- Other duties as requested.
CWC offers a positive workplace with a strong emphasis on safety, teamwork, orientation and training, a competitive hourly wage, full compensation for travel, and a benefit package.
Please visit our website and see our Careers Page for instructions on how to submit an Employment Application. Resumes may be submitted via Indeed.
- Collaborative Work: 3 years (Required)
- Wind Industry: 1 year (Required)
- Supervising: 2 years (Required)
- Employee Management: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.