Employment Specialist/Job Developer
Applicants must apply with a resume and a cover letter by email: email@example.com. We thank and consider all applicants but only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
Our Employment services team is currently looking for a dedicated individual for a Full Time Employment Specialist/ Job Developer to work in the St. Thomas/ Elgin County area.
Meet with and interview clients to obtain educational background, employment history and career goals. Access employment related needs, identifying barriers to employment and assist clients to develop job readiness skills and job search strategies. Candidates are to
provide comprehensive service to employers with an understanding that fulfills the employers hiring needs, as well as clients with a disability to facilitate meaningful paid employment and community participation. This includes the active development and coaching of paid employment opportunities. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for assisting talented job seekers with disabilities to find suitable employment opportunities; matching the skills required to attract the needs of employers.
- Actively conduct marketing and outreach activities in the community and with new employers to establish partnerships to develop competitive employment opportunities for our clients.
- Develop and maintain long term recruitment relationships with employers by understanding their corporate culture, recruitment needs and provision in excellent customer service.
- Strong Self management skills to work effectively with clients, employers and colleagues.
- Provide customized supports for our clients in the job development stage by customizing resumes, cover letters, online job search, identifying and targeting employers, job search skills and provide motivational support during the job sec1rch phase and beyond.
- Match suitable clients with employment opportunities and facilitate the interview and hiring process with employers.
- Provide follow up support, job coaching and/or job maintenance to our clients and employers to sustain a job placement.
- Cuurdinate supports as required to address job accommodation and disability related issues.
- Work collaboratively with the members of our Employment Team to ensure the varying and comprehensive needs of our clients and employers.
- Meet monthly stc1tistical/reporting requirements and maintain client and employer databases.
- Must have a reliable Vehicle and a strong knowledge of the Elgin/St. Thomas/ Aylmer area.
- Solid knowledge of labour market, Canadian workplace practices, job search and proficiency in MS office applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook, emails and internet.
- Post Secondary or Diploma in Social Services and/or Career and Work counseling equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years experience dealing with individuals and facilitating groups of clients facing multiply barriers to employment and/or 2-5 years in related duties and responsibilities.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.