Early Childhood Educator
Lisa Savoy (Job Developer)
The Employment Centre - 5 Queensway Drive East - Unit # 2 - Simcoe, ON N3Y 5K2
(519)428-1135 x 232 (office) or (519)709-1178 (cell)
NOTE: Please apply in accordance with the Contact Information in the posting
- Work collaboratively with the staff team while completing the assigned responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of children’s files to ensure that all medical, emergency and safety plans are followed.
- Responsible in assisting accurate attendance records of the children.
- Perform shift duties as assigned per classroom.
- Follow the Agency’s Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain records as assigned for regulations.
- Work supportively together with staff, students and volunteers.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Value the rights of the child respecting their uniqueness, diversity and potential of each child and family.
- Be responsive to parent complaints, concerns, family needs and suggestions.
- Communicate information and report in daily log book.
- Participate with the team in the observation and documentation that supports our curriculum.
- Support the medical, health, safety, and nutritional needs of families while taking into account their cultural and religious practices.
- Follow individualized medical plans and support plans for children with special needs.
- Follow individualized support plans/family service plans to meet children’s’ individual needs.
- Adhere to and demonstrate the Children’s’ Services Program Statement.
- Ensure ratios are met at all times.
- Follow compliance requirements as outlined in the Child Care Licensing Checklist including but not limited to: Duty to report / Serious Occurrence reporting etc.
- Be professional at all times.
- Using the Early Learning framework as a guide, provide positive experiences and materials to the children through observation and documentation that support all areas of the child’s development.
- Provide, plan and deliver a caring and nurturing inclusive environment
- Implement appropriate teaching strategies which demonstrate play-based learning.
- Food preparation using safe food handling practices.
- Responsible for cleaning and general tidiness of the centre
- Diploma or Degree in Early Childhood Education or Ministry approved equivalency.
- Member in good standing with the College of ECE's
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR Certification
- Acceptable Police Reference Check including Vulnerable Sector Check & Pardoned Sexual Offenses
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Early Years Child Care Act; Child Care Quality Assurance and licensing process
- Ability to promote and support the community, children, families and employees, through engagement, well-being, belonging and expression
- Demonstrate ongoing professional learning
- Medical evidence of current immunizations and/or medical exemption of such as well as date of last health assessment.
- Working knowledge of computers and technical equipment
- Excellent organizational skills.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.