Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify what division you are applying for, if not all.
- Reports to and works under the direction and supervision of the Design Manager or Project Engineer.
- Shall perform various technical activities related to the detailed design of municipal infrastructure. We have openings in the Civil, Mechanical and Electrical divisions.
- Carries out various technological functions in various aspects of Municipal Engineering, primarily in support of producing design drawings for tender and construction.
- Participates as a member of the design team during the execution of a design project.
- Attendance at project team meetings and project site meetings with other representatives of the firm, if required.
- Assist in the preparation of tender and contract documents for construction.
- Conducts field inspections for conformance to approved design and specifications.
- Assist as a member of the survey team during the performance of conducting topographical survey.
- Assist in the review and coordination of shop drawings approval.
- Performs quantity take-offs in preparation of conducting construction estimates for water and wastewater projects.
- Prepare correspondence on various technical matters regarding code regulations, policies, procedures to other consulting firms, First Nations clients, and federal or municipal officials.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Use various software programs, for the design of system components including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Excel spreadsheets and Hydraulic Modeling Software.
- Knowledge of First Nations aspirations and Culture an asset.
- Must have an ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating.
- Mental attention to assigned tasks and extensive concentration to details.
- Must be willing to work to complete deadlines with interruptions and unscheduled hours.
- Promote positive communication skills to liaise with other employees to enable the company to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Ability to take direction and complete reviewed work to 100% the first time.
- Courtesy, cooperation and teamwork.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and equipment.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical details clearly and concisely to supervisors.
- Must be resourceful and understand the limits of internet research compared to research using published text and information from associations, or provincial ministries.
- Promptness and good time management skills are an asset.
- Have exceptional teamwork, interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills.
- Secondary School Diploma.
- Posses a minimum of 2 - 3 year College Diploma.
- Short term travel away from the office may be required to participate in project management.
- Responsible for protecting confidentiality in regard to all company work content and office activities.
- Must have a valid “G” Class license and provide own transportation
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.