Delivery / Recovery Driver I - 6 Month Contract
Please contact Leanne Mayer with Resume and Cover Letter at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Delivery Driver will report directly to the Supervisor, Logistics.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver and pick up product (batteries) at scheduled customer locations
- Establish positive working relationships with primary contact at each customer site
- Oversee all functions of vehicle's condition of equipment loading and unloading, pre-trip inspections, safety and security of cargo (including inspection of tires, lights, brakes, etc)
- Assists in the warehouse as required, shipping, receiving and labeling batteries
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Must have valid G drivers’ license
- Minimum 1-2 years previous experience with delivery driving. Warehouse experience is an asset
- Must be willing and able to frequently lift and/or move boxes up to 40 lbs. Regularly lift and/or move up to 60 lbs. And occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Forklift experience is an asset
- Good communication skills (listening to and following instructions, conveying information to colleagues and to supervisor/manager)
- Ability to follow processes and adhere to safety standards (WHIMS & TDG)
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.