Contractor Sales Lumber and Building Materials
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yantzi Home Design Smart and/or Yantzi Home Building Centre is a family owned and operated for over 65 years.
- We are a home improvement centre supplying Lumber and Building Materials, Installed Sales of Floor Covering and Kitchen Cabinetry.
- The Lumber and Building Material Counter and Contractor Salesperson will work in a fast-pace environment that involves constant interaction with customers and contractors, delivering friendly and courteous service while explaining product benefits and fulfilling customer's needs.
- This position would be focused on sales and estimating from our service desk. You will be working with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- Benefit Package and Deffered Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Provide detailed product quotes on windows, doors, siding, roofing, decking, lumber and building materials as required to multiple people in a timely fashion while following through to ensure the customer/contractor is happy with their order.
- Being familiar with pricing types, preparing quotations, placing special orders for customers as well as a variety of other related duties.
- Providing solutions to customers' problems
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Potential to be self-driven, eventually do outside sales (new sales accounts/contractor and customer sites)
- Performing all assigned tasks with sufficient speed and accuracy to avoid adverse impact on the level of service to customers and to achieve sales profitability.
- Knowledge of construction and building materials
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and blueprints
- Proven history in building relationships and acquiring outside contacts
- Friendly and helpful attitude toward customers
- Good Mathematical skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and persuasively with employees, management, suppliers and customers to obtain accurate information for pricing, estimates, quotations etc.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to deal with large customer base.
- Willingness to learn
- Prior retail building industry experience beneficial
- Willingness to continually develop professionals skills and be knowledge based.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team atmosphere
- Proficient computer skills
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.