Please send resume and cover letter to Christine House at Christine.House@randstad.ca.
Randstad Engineering is recruiting on behalf of one of our clients who has been operating for over 50 years. The company is family owned and operated based out of the London head office. Due to current growth, the organization is seeking an experienced construction foreman to join the team, which specializes in excavating and completing integral parts of water/sewage treatment plants and major arterial roads in Southwestern Ontario.
The team is looking for a candidate that is willing to grow and develop with the company; the ideal candidate will have extensive experience in leading a construction crew as well as managing different ongoing projects on site.
This is a senior level position that offers a competitive compensation plan and complete benefits package. The candidate will be employed 12 months a year and will not be laid off during winter.
Candidate responsibilities include:
- Oversee all aspects of a construction site
- Lead and manage a construction team
- Follow all safety standards and policies
- Coordinate construction projects and activities to ensure deadlines are met
- Coordinate with project managers in regards to equipment needs, labour needs and job scope changes
- Identify and solve deficiencies and disputes that may arise at a construction site or between suppliers
- Monitor project progress and labour productivity and make changes as needed
- Train and assign junior construction staff
Candidate requirements include:
- 5 years’ experience as construction foreman
- Experience in road, waterworks and sewer construction as well as knowledge about related equipment and materials
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple construction projects and teams
- Ability to identify and solve related problems that may arise
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Planning and cost controlling skills
- Heavy Duty Mechanic license(421A) or experience in heavy duty equipment is an asset
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.