Childcare provider for children with special behavioural needs - before/after school
Email a resume and salary expectations to Dawne Dopp at email@example.com.
We will contact applicants for a phone call to discuss experience, childcare approach, confirm availability and to answer questions.
If there seems to be a good match, we can arrange for an in person interview.
References will be requested.
This position is posted through the Community Employment Services Fanshawe at 155 Clarke Road.
Community Employment Services Fanshawe provides the job posting website as a courtesy to job seekers and employers, and does not validate every position posted. When using any job posting website, you need to make informed decisions and ensure you are applying for legitimate, suitable positions. Know your rights as outlined by the Ontario Ministry of Labour: http://www.labour.gov.on.ca It is your responsibility to do your research.
Child Care Provider:
We are looking for a part-time child care provider before and after school for 2 boys aged 6 and 9. Morning hours are
approximately 7:30am-9:30am with drop off at school. Afternoon hours start with pick-up at school at 3:30pm until 5:30pm. We are
looking for someone to work until the end of June 2020 and we will need care again in September, if available.
- School pick-up / drop-off: the school is walkable but having a car would be ideal for bad weather days because it is 15-20 minutes
walking one way with kids.
- Childcare: we are looking for someone to focus on the children, develop and maintain routines and help them to keep busy after
school. Housekeeping or chores are not expected in this role and we would expect that the children tidy up after themselves with
encouragement. No meal preparation required except for helping the children get breakfast and after school snack.
The boys are high energy and struggle with self-regulation. They have many strengths which we can discuss during an inteview but
they have some behaviour challenges which includes defiance (undiagnosed). They are bright children and with someone to help
them at times to work through their emotions, they are very happy and nice to be around.
This could be a rewarding experience for the right person.
- Experience providing for multiple children ages 5 - 12
- Vulnerable position police records check
- Able to arrange own transportation or have a vehicle
- Patient and consistent approach to managing difficult behaviour in children
- Preference given to students studying to work with children OR with extensive relevant experience
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.