Child and Youth Worker
Please send your resume directly to Rumina Morris, Foster Care Manager at email@example.com
Key Assets, "The Children's Services Provider", is a dynamic agency providing high quality
family placements and related support services to help children and young people in
care achieve their full potential and live fulfilling lives. You will be joining Key Assets in Ontario
as part of a multi-disciplinary team. If you feel as strongly as we do that children deserve to have
access to quality family placements then this is the challenge for you.
Key Assets is seeking innovative and creative individuals for relief and part-time contract Child and
Youth Worker positions to support children and youth with complex needs in fostering settings. As a part
of a multi-disciplinary team you may provide daily living and educational supports, therapeutic
counselling and behaviour management programming.
Relief shifts will be on an as-needed basis with the current need for individuals to fill 20 - 30 hr.
weekly part-time contract positions. Shifts include afternoons, evenings, and occasional weekend
hours. Candidates must be open to support children within a variety of regions specifically; London,
Strathroy, St. Thomas, Sarnia, Kitchener/Waterloo, and Woodstock.
- Applicant must have at minimum a Child and Youth Worker Diploma/Degree or Developmental Services Worker Diploma
- Minimum of 1 year related experience, including placement experience
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to supporting individuals from diverse cultures, experiences and backgrounds
- Must have valid First Aid, CPR and current certification in an approved Crisis Prevention and Intervention Program
- A valid G license with a clear driving record and a safe/reliable vehicle with a minimum of $2-Million liability insurance
- A current "Vulnerable Sector Police Screening"
- A second language including American Sign Language is an asset
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.