Please send your resume to Sheila Larocque:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in the ongoing health and safety standards for the ReStore and organization.
• Under the direction of the ReStore Manager and Assistant Manager, responsible for assisting in executing the day-to-day operations of the ReStore.
• Assessing, processing, and pricing of donated product. Which includes:
• Assist in safely loading and unloading product from the ReStore truck and assist with carrying, lifting and placing product on the sales floor.
• Assist in accepting donations from the public as they are dropped off to the ReStore.
• Ensure that all product donation is recorded, priced and put out for sale in a timely fashion.
• Ensure that all daily paperwork is completed and sent to proper departments.
• Assist in keeping the exterior of the store looking professional and clear of debris.
• Assist with displaying and organizing the product on the sales floor.
• Research retail prices of popular and common products sold at the ReStore to ensure a competitive pricing structure. Solicit feedback on pricing from staff, and volunteers.
• Ensure that all E-Waste is collected and taken away at a timely fashion to ensure the cleanliness and effectiveness of this service.
• Assist with all housekeeping needs of the ReStore, including sales floor, receiving.
• Facilitate sales, executing the ReStore customer service philosophy.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Candidates must demonstrate solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and deal tactfully with people, while maintaining a professional demeanor.
Experience: Previous experience working in retail a plus.
• To be courteous and professional.
• Communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
• To learn about Habitat for Humanity and the ReStore, and be able to communicate our mission and purpose to volunteers and customers.
• To be able to work in a team environment.
• To be willing to work within the guidelines of Habitat for Humanity.
• To help create an atmosphere within the Restore that encourages and fosters an open sharing of ideas, concerns, and goals.
• Available to work typical business hours, Monday to Saturday.
Staff are required to wear masks
• sales: 1 year (preferred)
• customer service: 1 year (preferred)
• Patience and dependability are critical for this position, as well as being a team player
• Must have a basic understanding of computer use.
• Required to lift heavy items occasionally with assistance. Able to Lift 50lbs + unassisted.
• Knowledgeable in the use of lifting equipment and methods. This position will occasionally be exposed to extremes in weather (e.g., heat, cold, wind, rain, etc.).
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.