Caretaker - Full-Time (7 available)
Apply online at: https://indeedhi.re/2JcvdOQ
Considered Canada's most beautiful University, Western's main campus spans 400 acres of Gothic-style buildings mixed with modern LEED-certified capital structures providing an idyllic environment for our community of scholars. The university is located in London, Canada, a safe, vibrant and welcoming community of more than 350,000 people serving as a regional medical and industrial hub for southwestern Ontario.
Facilities Management (FM) is responsible for the planning, development, construction, operation, maintenance and stewardship of all the buildings, infrastructure, sites and services within Western's campus community.
Assess and conduct cleaning/maintenance activities in order to provide a clean, safe and professionally maintained University facility under the direction of the Lead Caretaker or Building Manager.
- Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous institutional, hotel, or hospitality cleaning experience including the operation of cleaning equipment and use of cleaning materials
- Previous customer service experience, including maintaining a high standard of cleanliness, acknowledging and interacting with clients on a daily basis and displaying professional behavior
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Investigate, identify, analyze and document information in written or electronic form and resolve problems
- Lift, bend, twist, turn, push, pull, walk, crouch, kneel, pinch, grasp, shovel, climb and reach repetitively
- Ability to transport materials
- Meet the physical demands of the role
- Work well in a team environment as well as autonomously with minimal supervision
- Work in areas containing designated substances found within OH&S Act as required
- Perform tasks in emergency situations
- Interpret and work from electronic/written operation instruction sheets as well as mechanical electrical and geographical drawings/maps and produce quick-sketch working diagrams
- Comprehensive electronic, oral and written communication skills
- Listen fully and respond courteously to instructions, questions and comments
- Establish a rapport with customers, leaders and peers
- Dependable and co-operative
- Ability to interact with others in positive ways which develop mutual understanding, respect and productive relationships
- Organize and order work materials, tools, and support staff in the shop and on the job site
Western welcomes applications from all qualified individuals; however, it is the university's policy to give first consideration to qualified CUPE 2361 applicants.
Please note, successful applicants will be required to produce current police information record check from a police service prior to commencing employment.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.