All resume’s should be forwarded to my attention at: email@example.com
- The purpose of the banquet server is to provide for the guests needs according to the BEO and the clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the duties required of a banquet server
- Responsible for reading, understand and following the Banquet Event Order associated with the function being served prior to service
- Required to set up function in accordance to the requests made through the Banquet Event Order, ie, plated service, buffet, any special requests
- When required, responsible for setting tables according to the service requested on BEO, watering tables, providing creamers, coffee and set up side stands for use
- As instructed by Banquet Manager, responsible for meeting the needs of the guests, by filling water glasses, serving meals, clearing dishes, serving coffee meeting any requests made
- Assist in any further requests made as per BEO, for function
- When service and function complete, responsible for the breakdown of room, ie cleaning all tables of dishes, glasses to kitchen, taking in of buffet if required
- If required, assist in the set up of next function in conference room
- Responsible for taking dirty linen to linen pick up area, taking any garbage to garbage dump
- Required to polish all silverware and glasses used in function and to put away any equipment, dishes used in function to proper area
- Promote and maintain a safe and healthy work environment adhering to the legislation set out by Occupational Health and Safety
- Perform daily visual workplace inspections
- Attend safety talks, and staff meetings
- Participate in the accident/incident investigation program
- Conducts self with regard for safety of employees; is aware of safety and evacuation procedures
- Assist with the training of new employees
- Report to supervisor/manager any health and safety violations
- Works in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Assist with other related duties, as required
- As an Oakwood employee, responsible for the ongoing general appearance of the Resort property. This entails allocating found garbage in the appropriate areas.
- Minimum Grade 12 education; must be 18 years old
- Professional Certification
- Smart Serve
- No experience necessary
- Knowledge of food and beverage service techniques an asset
- Excellent communication and guest service skills
- A second language an asset
- Must be able to work well with minimal supervision and be a team player
- Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy items (approx. 25lbs)
- Flexibility in scheduling a must
This is a full time or part time position that requires 20 to 40 hours a week of shift work, Sunday to Saturday, depending on the requirements of the functions. Some heavy lifting is involved.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. It is intended to provide a description of the principle elements for the performance of the job. All job descriptions are subject to change.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.