AZ Weekend Driver (No fuel / propane experience required)
Submit a resume and covering letter to email@example.com. Please reference “Your Name – AZ Weekend Driver- St. Thomas” in the email subject line. The deadline for consideration is 9:00 am on Monday June 27th, 2022. Applicants are required to provide a current CVOR and driver’s abstract prior to consideration
417 Wellington Street, St. Thomas, ON, N5R 5J5
- Tel: 519-637-9876
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
COME GROW WITH US!
Are you interested in joining “A great workplace” where you Trust the people you work for, have Pride in what you do, Enjoy the people you work with and can be a Difference Maker?
If so, get ready to take your career to the next level!!
Dowler-Karn has been serving our customers in Southwestern Ontario since 1943. As part of the McDougall Energy Inc. Group, Dowler-Karn distributes energy products (propane, Esso fuels & MOBIL lubricants) to meet the needs of a broad spectrum of customers, including residential, agriculture and commercial.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
POSITION: AZ Weekend Driver (No fuel / propane experience required)
LOCATION: St. Thomas, Ontario
SHIFT: Weekends, three 12-hour shifts weekly, every Friday, Saturday and Sunday
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Competitive Salary + Shift Premium!
• Detailed training program including TDG, WHMIS, CPPI and PTI
• Up to $2,000 in Driver Safety Bonuses available, paid quarterly
• Overtime available - paid after 44 hours
• Start with 3 weeks paid vacation
• Employer paid Health & Dental Benefits
• Employer matched RRSP
• Life and disability insurance
• Free uniforms, outerwear, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
• Opportunity to achieve career growth
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Ensure the safe and timely delivery of propane and petroleum products to our customers
• Inventory control of bulk product on truck
• Conduct daily vehicle inspections and accurately complete related documentation
• Provide exceptional customer service and communication to customers, peers, dispatchers and supervisors
• Work outdoors in all weather conditions to meet our customer needs
• Use a handheld computer device to monitor the flow of fuel being input and disposed from the truck
The successful applicant must be flexible in shift start / finish times and overtime will be required as needed to meet operational requirements. This position may require the driver to complete a layover on occasion.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum 3-years driving experience with a valid AZ license
• Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to be a team player
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Numeric ability and strong problem-solving skills
• Familiar and comfortable with use of mobile devices
• General mechanical ability for truck inspections and attentiveness to truck / equipment cleanliness
This position is physically demanding involving significant lifting and pulling in an outdoor climate. The successful candidate will be required to successfully pass pre and random drug & alcohol testing and must have a safety and compliance mind set.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.