Concentric is a multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm with core competencies in Buildings and Infrastructure, Agriculture, and Environmental.
Our London office is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic full-time AutoCAD/Revit Drafter. This position will involve creation of conceptual to production drawings under the guidance of the Project Manager and/or Design Engineer.
The candidate will also be required to:
- Develop working drawings by utilizing software such as AutoCAD, Revit, etc.
- Accurately record site measurements of existing conditions to be used by Engineers and other Design Support Specialists.
- Review contractors work and ensure all structural items meet the approved drawing and specification intent.
- Write reports based on site visits which clearly depict the existing conditions, contractor progress, and deviations from the design intent, etc.
- Conduct a self-review of work and identify errors, conflicts and design issues.
- Interact positively with clients and/or contractors.
- Work closely with other Designers and Engineers as part of project design teams.
Assignments and projects range from building and facility assessments, feasibility and concept development, rehabilitations and building envelope. Typical projects involve alterations and additions to single dwelling residential to multiple building facilities containing complex commercial / industrial / institutional structures.
Excellent written and oral communication in English is required.
Concentric offers employees:
- Competitive pay - based on education and experience.
- Two for one retirement contribution matching to a maximum of 5% of eligible base salary.
- Full benefits package.
- Opportunities for skills development.
- Graduate of Architectural Technology or Civil Engineering Technology program or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) – Minimum 2 years.
- Ability to read and interpret Structural and Architectural drawings.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of an engineering design team
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and work efficiently to complete the required tasks.
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Work from, and interpret rough sketches created by engineering staff.
Experience in the consulting industry and bilingualism would be considered an asset. Please indicate your familiarity with any other graphic/design software, and any other expertise deemed appropriate.
Please send a cover letter along with your resume, outlining your interest and qualifications for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and a vehicle.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.