The Assembly Technician has a multi-functional role that includes assembly, repair and testing of electronic components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Follows Work Instructions and Blueprints to assemble electronic units, subassemblies, wiring harnesses and mechanical
assemblies to precise specifications.
· Perform Repair and overhaul on Electronic Components, Wiring Harnesses, and Assemblies to correct defects.
· Diagnose Problems and implement Preventative Measures to reduce the need for rework.
· Performs required testing on electronic components and subassemblies.
· Helps troubleshoot and resolve issues for assemblies that fail testing.
· Provides technical support and solutions to problems.
· Performs other duties as required
· College Diploma or equivalent work experience in electronics.
· IPC-A-610, IPC-WHMA-620 and/or JSTD-001 certifications considered a significant asset.
· Electronic and Mechanical Assembly experience, including the use of Hand tools and Soldering Iron.
· Experience repairing electronic units.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· Excellent mechanical aptitude.
· Keen attention to detail and quality.
· Ability to interpret drawings and Work Instructions.
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
· Ability to bend, stoop and reach.
· Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, occasionally.
· WHIMS / GHS training an asset.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.