ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN TECHNOLOGIST
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify what division you are applying for, if not all.
- Reports to and works under the direction and supervision of the Senior Project Manager or President.
- Shall perform various technical activities related to the detailed design of Commercial, Institutional and Residential projects.
- Site visits with supervision and creation of reports for internal review.
- Site audits with supervision and creation of site audit package.
- Coordinate architectural drawings with all documents produced by outside consultants.
- Preparation of drawing check sets.
- Completion of company and/or client red lines.
- Validate that designs and deliverables conform to code requirements, guidelines and other regulations.
- Assisting in the preparation of tender packages and specification packages.
- Under the direction of Senior Management, you may independently perform advanced technical assignments of various complexities within the approved schedules and budgets provided.
- Will assist in the development of new architectural methods and techniques when required.
- Production of AutoCAD drawings.
- Use various software programs, for the design of system components including; AutoCAD, Excel Spreadsheets, and Word/Word Perfect Programs.
- Knowledge of First Nations aspirations and Culture an asset.
- Must have an ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivating.
- Mental attention to assigned tasks and extensive concentration to details
- Must be willing to work to complete deadlines with interruptions and unscheduled hours.
- Promote positive communication skills to liaise with other employees to enable the company to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Ability to take direction on all technical matters.
- Ability to make corrections to edits on markups / changes on drawings from Senior Managers.
- Courtesy, cooperation and teamwork.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and equipment.
- Must have the ability to communicate technical details clearly and concisely to supervisors.
- Promptness and good time management skills are an asset.
- Have exceptional teamwork, interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational, time management skills.
- Architectural Technologist Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Version 2019.
- Understanding of Part 3 and Part 9 of the Ontario Building Code.
- Short term travel away from the office may be required to participate in project management.
- Responsible for protecting confidentiality regarding all company work content and office activities.
- Must have a valid “G” Class license and provide own transportation.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.