Apprentice Structural Assembler
HOW TO APPLY : COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO @HR@mhica.ca
Subject Line: Apprentice Structural Assembler
Please note, the Company will conduct a criminal background check upon hire.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be
contacted. Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents will be given preference.
MHI Canada Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with
disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. MHICA is committed to providing employment
accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with
Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). MHICA will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the
recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your
About MHI Canada Aerospace
MHI Canada Aerospace, a subsidiary of Japan-based Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, assembles major airframe components such as wings and fuselage for Bombardier Aerospace, specifically for the Global Express and the Challenger 350, both high speed business jets.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Structural Assembler is responsible for installing, and assembling components on an aircraft structure.
- Proficient in Blueprint Reading and Hole Layout, Countersinking and Deburring.
- Fitting and installation of conventional rivets and Hi-Lite fasteners.
- Assemble and fit pre-fabricated parts to form subassemblies, working at benches or directly on an aircraft structure.
- Application of manual solvent, conductive chemical conversion treatment and paint touch-up.
- Working with a variety of power and hand tools, jigs, fixtures and other equipment.
- Meeting schedule and production requirements.
Education & Other Requirements
- Completion of recognized Sheet Metal Fabrication course preferred.
- Completion of a college or other program in aviation or aeronautical technology, with emphasis in aircraft manufacturing.
- Use of Hand Tool for drilling, countersinking, torquing, installing (fasteners, hi-lites).
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret technical drawings (2D and 3D).
- Sub-assemblies, sheet metal assembly, mechanical assembly, etc.
- 1-10 yrs. experience in structural assembly (salary will be subject to years of experience and competency testing).
- Ability to work shifts to accommodate production scheduling.
- Past experience within an aerospace or manufacturing environment, considered an asset.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new tasks.
- Exposure to quality systems and safety fundamentals.
- MHICA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
- We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
- Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents will be given preference.
- Maintain professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish duties required effectively and efficiently.
- Keep the Production Supervisor informed of daily operations.
- Ability to deal with added day to day issues and concerns.
- Develops, executes and tracks Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for your team.
- Must be a strong team player, who is flexible and willing to learn new tasks.
- Must have flexibility to work rotating shifts to accommodate production schedule, including days, afternoons, nights and overtime as required.
- Must be mechanically inclined and know how to use Pneumatic, or power hand tools.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times on the plant floor (i.e. safety glasses, safety shoes and ear plugs) and follow all Health & Safety procedures at all times.
- Must be able to pass a Pulmonary Fit Test (PFT) for proper fitting of respirators as needed to perform the job safely, especially in work areas that may have exposure to chemicals or odors from paints, solvents etc. To ensure proper fitting of respirators all employees using respirators must be clean shaven at all times as per the Canadian Standard Association (CSA) requirements.
Must be physically fit, energetic, agile, willing and able to:
- work in restricted spaces (tanks)
- work at heights (3rd floor of jigs)
- work rotating shifts when and as required
- bend, twist, walk on uneven surfaces and climb stairs repeatedly during shift
- perform heavy lifting (< 40 lbs) as needed to perform the job
- stand for 7 hours of an 8 hour shift
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.