A653 - Thrift Store Business Manager
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter together with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
417 Wellington Street, St. Thomas, ON, N5R 5J5
- Tel: 519-637-9876
- Email: email@example.com
Mennonite Community Services of Southern Ontario (MCS) is not for profit incorporated charity providing services to newcomers. MCS is owned by several area Mennonite Churches and run by a local Board of Directors. MCS seeks to link resources with needs through its various programs: Settlement, Employment, FESPA, Radio and Thrift Store.
The Aylmer Thrift Store sells donated items as a way to raise funds for MCS programs. These donated items have their usefulness extended with new owners for their initially intended purposes or are re-purposed rather than discarded. Not only does MCS practice creation care by selling affordable clothing, furniture, and household items, but by this also supports local and global ministries.
The Store Business Manager will provide overall leadership to the thrift store. Lead the team, recruit volunteers, and in general oversee operations.
- lead and supervise Aylmer Thrift Store team of staff and volunteers in accordance with MCS guidelines
- oversee daily operations of the store
- schedule staff and volunteers
- ensure donations are received, processed and sold properly
- monitor sales
- create sales projections
- create annual budget
- write reports
- strong leadership skills
- post-secondary education
- strong organizational skills
- excellent customer service skills
- excellent oral and written communication
- strong problem solving skills
- excellent interpersonal skills
- good Microsoft Office skills
- excellent time management skills
- participate in staff meetings and events
- willingness to work some evenings and Saturdays
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.