A295 Site Supervisor/Crew Leader
Mail: Unit 3 – 523 James Street, Delhi, ON N4B 2C2
The successful candidate will be experienced in the construction of buildings either wood or steel and construction framing
knowledge. Attention to detail is critical to this role. You will have a proven track record in a hands-on supervisory position
and are able to be a team player.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all on-site construction activities daily and supervising a crew of up to 5 men at any given time.
- Able to manage time efficiently to ensure all given deadlines are met.
- Conduct on-site meetings with crew, trades, project managers, etc. to ensure project plans and schedules are followed and maintained.
- Conduct weekly safety meetings onsite and enforce the company safety policies, all ministry guidelines, etc. to maintain a safe working environment for all workers on your site.
- Able to discipline employees in accordance to the company health and safety policy and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Represent, if required, the company in job meetings with owners, consultants, subcontractors and inspectors.
- Communicate with the office staff and project manager regarding any/all jobsite requirements within reason to maintain a productive jobsite.
- Experienced in leading projects from start to finish by overseeing all field operations and total construction to ensure project is constructed in a safe manner and in accordance with design and code.
- Able to motivate all team players for project to co-ordinate deliveries, subcontractors and employees to maximize project production.
- Willing to travel with potential for overnight stays depending on project location.
3+ years’ experience in a Supervisory/Crew Leader Role, Construction Framing/Building, and concrete work.
- Experienced in working with steel building construction, wood framed construction, and associated materials/practices.
- Strong leadership/managerial qualities.
- Knowledgeable in the Ontario Building Code, building by-laws, specifications, reading drawings etc.
- Must possess a valid driver license and be insurable, with reliable transportation to and from Delhi, Ontario. There is no public transit available.
- Ability to weld is considered an asset, but not required.
- Current First Aid/CPR, WHMIS, Working @ Heights, Basics of Supervision, Scissor Lift, Forklift etc. certificates are an asset, but we are willing to train.
- Team player, punctual, trustworthy and mature
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.