A273 Summer Employment – Sawmill, Workshop and Farm Assistant
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Works closely with the Mill Supervisor to complete various sawmilling work tasks. Tasks vary widely and may include, but not limited to:
- accompanying and assisting to pick up and load logs to bring to mill yard
- general labour duties (helping to move/load logs, helping to remove & stack sawn boards, stacking & sticking sawn lumber for drying, moving/processing/storing slab wood and sawdust for other uses) associated with sawmilling timber/logs for on-farm use of lumber, and for off-farm wholesale markets
- periodic firewood cutting, moving, stacking for on-farm use and off-farm sales
- tree seedling establishment & maintenance
- farm forest tree maintenance (e.g., pruning, thinning, firewood cutting)
- other related tasks as assigned by the President
ELIGIBILITY, EDUCATION & SKILLS
Individuals interested to apply for this position must meet the following criteria:
(a) between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
(b) was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
(c) intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
(d) is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program;
(e) is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under
the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
(f) is legally entitled to work in Canada according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
Completion of Grade 11 or Grade 12 education preferred. Proven ability to work safely and effectively with various heavy and light machinery and equipment is required. Ability to lift 50 lbs deadweight periodically is important for this position. Skills and experience to properly and safely operate a chainsaw is an asset, but not essential. Woodworking skills and experience is desirable. Practical experience performing general labour, maintenance and carefully and safely working around equipment and machinery is also highly desirable.
Farm Grounds Assistant
General grounds maintenance such as light-duty firewood stacking, lawn mowing, weed-eating, maintaining berry crops and Christmas tree plantation. Performs other duties as assigned by EverWoods and President.
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.