A272 Customer Service Representative & Marketing Assistant
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Showroom/Store Clerk and Customer Service Representative (hereafter Customer Service Rep.) is responsible for contributing their skills, knowledge and experience, to provide customer service and associated administrative tasks to oversee sales and facilitate taking custom orders of EverWoods’ live edge slabs, live edge accessories, and live edge furniture and decor. The Customer Service Rep. works often independently, and sometimes cooperatively with EverWoods’ staff, to complete various tasks associated with serving customers who purchase products and services through our showroom and store.
Work closely with EverWoods Chief of Staff/Managers and other involved and supporting staff team members to complete various customer service and showroom & store clerical tasks. Tasks vary and include, but not limited to:
- Assist with handling, managing, and track incoming (stock-up) and outgoing (sold and/or outgoing to company shop) EverWoods’ live edge stock inventory, and live edge accessories products at the showroom and store.
- Operate Point of Sales system/cash register
- Maintain computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
- Estimate or quote prices, credit terms, warranties and delivery dates
- Provide advice about merchandise;
- Greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase
- Prepare merchandise for purchase
- Prepare sales and accept cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit payment
- Maintain sales records for inventory control
- Assist in display of merchandise
- Assisting with customer service and in house sales by answering phones, responding to requests for quotes, and helping customers who walk in.
- Receive on-the-job training to provide quotes for various furniture and décor, live edge slabs, and other custom products made available by EverWoods.
- May assist with purchasing, as needed and directed.
- Conducts price comparisons and communicates information as required.
- Communicates information regarding orders to EverWoods design and crafting personnel.
- Assists with filing, printing plans and photocopying.
- Work with other EverWoods support staff to maintain a clean and orderly showroom and store environment, sweep/mop floors as needed, collect/discharge trash, etc.
- With guidance, work with EverWoods staff to assist with posting to social media platforms, to maintain current dynamic social media profile for the company.
- With proper training and guidance, learn to perform photography/videography of EverWoods’ products at the showroom and store, as well as certain activities most often occurring at the showroom and store.
- As needed and scheduled, help safely prepare for, set-up, take-down trade show booths and other related marketing venues for EverWoods’ products.
- Sometimes assist to move material and/or finished furnishings to off-site storage and/or display areas.
- May participate in helping to pursue and secure external sales for custom furniture orders, existing furniture and décor, and live edge stock.
Completion of high school required, and completed of related college level education preferred but not essential with demonstrated experience. Experience and/or accreditation in related customer service, clerical, social media posting, correspondence and marketing, graphic arts, furniture/interior design, sales, or showroom management are assets that can help lead to career development with EverWoods.
- Must have own transportation
- Ability to work in a variable-paced and formal retail environment required
- Demonstrated proficiency in general office etiquette, legible handwriting and telephone manners
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale software is an asset; training will be provided on the requisite software
- Working knowledge of computers and business and word processing software including MS Word and Excel is preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing, speaking and transcription. Demonstrated working knowledge of office machines
- Demonstrated ability to sit or stand at a desk for variable periods of time, or sometimes be mobile in the work environment and operate computer terminal and other office equipment
- Ability and willingness to work shifts and hours mandated by management
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.