310T Diesel Mechanic
First Student is a leading provider of school transportation services. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.
Please send your resume & cover letter to:
Kevin Murray, Branch Manager
As a 310T Diesel Mechanic with First Student, you will help maintain and repair school buses to ensure vehicle readiness & safety, while providing guidance to Apprentice Mechanic.
First Student is proud to offer:
- $3000 Sign-on Bonus for Licensed Mechanics
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- Competitive wage at $35/ hour
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- An excellent benefits package with full medical and dental plans and RRSP Program with company contribution
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement
- A great work environment!
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk Spot program!
- Must have required 310T Mechanic license
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must have appropriate mechanic’s tool set.
- Advanced problem-solving ability.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair under minimal supervision. Repairs include brakes, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other repairs.
- Remove, overhaul, and reinstall mechanical components with minimal supervision.
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections and annual maintenance inspections.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval where required.
- Lead road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to First Student standards, policies, and procedures.
- Moves vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
- Professional licensed 310T Diesel Mechanic
- Willingness to participate in ASE certification program. Training, testing, and bonuses provided!
This job advertisement has been provided by an external employer. Fanshawe Career and Employment Services is not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.